* No l337sp33k and NO
SHOUTING!!!!!!! This is a story and fun board. If you can't speak the Queen's English and use your indoor voice, you can go back to MySpace. Or
we'll glomp you and call you silly names until you stop it. You know, with apologies to Monty Python, something like your mother being a panda and your
father smelling of halleberries. En Français.
* Erotica and Porn are not the same thing. Learn the difference. Erotica goes in the Adults Only section. Porn goes
in the section of a Board That Isn't This One.
* Any complaining to us about threads going off topic will be met with discussion regarding whether it is better to
smear your Muse with Nutella or just plain chocolate sauce. Or a random bunny. No, not whether you should smear your Muse with a random bunny, just an actual
random bunny. I mean, you could smear your Muse with random bunnies if you really wanted to, but we seriously doubt he or she would like that. Mind you, the
results could be better than ouzo. At least they wouldn't be too drunk to work. There was this one time when we'd had too much absinthe and--oh,
look! A banana.
* Having said that, if the author of a story thread asks people to keep their comments to comments about the story, please respect that. Those threads will be moderated if required. If you are an author who would rather not have random chat in your threads, please indicate this by posting "story comments only" in your first post. And if you are in a story thread, no matter what's currently being discussed, at least say something about the story, too.
* While on the subject, necromancy (re-animating old threads or posting comments to stories or poetry that haven't been commented on for a while), is not only okay here, it's encouraged, especially on story threads. <-- New
*What isn't okay is thinking you can take the board with you when you leave. If, for any reason, you decide that it is time to part ways from Cass, you are 100% entitled to take your original works with you. This means stories and poems. It does NOT mean every random thread or comment you ever made whilst a member here. Threads started in the general forums and comments to other threads are public property and it is not only rude, but terribly immature to rip the rug out from under the other members by cutting off their conversations. We will not tolerate drama mamas and if you go out of your way to drum it up, we will go out of ours to ban you indefinitely. You have been warned. <-- New
* If you flame someone, be prepared to get as good as you give. If you start a fight and are stupid enough to complain about the other kiddies not liking you, the management will sit you on the naughty step for a time out. Then we will smack your bum and tell you to be nice. If you're really not careful, we'll take away your lollipops, too. Douchebaggery will be reciprocated in kind.
* We reserve the right to ban you if you are a donkey cap, refuse to bow down to
the High Priestess of Fluffy the Purple Unicorn upon request or because we don't like your face and want you to go away. Or if you killed Inigo
Montoya's father. If you did, prepare to die.
* No one is to ever name that bloody Scottish film that shall not be named. The one Mel Gibson made. No. Just, no. There will be death, blood, and rampant bunnies involved.
* Otherwise, you did peruse Yuku's TOS when you signed up because we know that you'd never actually sign anything without reading it first, right? So, yeah. What they said. Now, if you'll please place your first born in the basket handily placed at the front entrance, we'd surely appreciate it.
~ The Most Highnessessess Who Shall Be Obeyed At All Times
Without Question <-- this is a rule.
aka Tempestmir (Purveyor of Questionable Content and Blinding Puns since 1975)
and Bethgael (High Priestess of Fluffy the Purple Unicorn, may Her horn forever reign and, you know, like, stuff )
Right. Now go and read all of the other threads in this section, too. Ta muchly.
Now, an Important Community Service Announcement:
Serious Copyright Information, Just in case you were wondering
Stories posted online are covered by the same international copyrights as print material, and all stories are licensed to their respective authors. Don't plagiarise. Apart from being a crappy thing to do to someone whose work you are stealing and passing off as your own, karma will come and get you. It always does. Throw the appropriate notices on fanfic using other author's works as a base, if you please, too.
Having said that, you cannot "copyright" an idea, or even the title of a story or book (unless
it's also a registered trade mark), unless the "idea" is an obvious conglomerate, and the concept of the idea is copies
in the same way as another author. And the Collective Unconscious pretty much guarantees people will, in fact, come up with identical seeming ideas at
identical times, independently of each other. So anyone can write about anything. Just don't copy actual text or storylines (except in parody, canon
fanfic or homage, which should be clearly labelled as such), and respect other authors, m'kay? See: we reserve the right to ban you
if you are a donkey cap.
To reiterate: Don't take someone else's work or idea thread, or take someone else's
work and paraphrase it, and pass it off as your own. It's obvious when it happens, because the style of the story changes suddenly, or
someone's spelling or grammar "suddenly improves" before going back to how it was previously. IF YOU ARE CAUGHT DOING
THIS MORE THAN ONCE, YOU WILL BE BANNED AND YOUR STORIES DELETED. If you are writing an idea into a story that is an homage to another story, posted here or
anywhere else, REFERENCE it and acknowledge it.
Oh, and don't be a dweeb and post (c) notices everywhere, either. It's not necessary.
Publication on a public forum on the 'net does use up First World Rights on a story, just FYI, so if you're looking to market your story and it's been online for a while, you'll need to change it. A lot.